Seeking a New Office Manager
by Metro Strategies
Metro Strategies, Inc., a planning, policy and public affairs firm located in the western suburbs, is seeking a business professional for a diverse array of administrative tasks. The Office Manager will manage all office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational efficiency and provide administrative support to other staff.
• Prepare monthly invoices and work with clients on payment schedules
• Organize orientation and training of new staff
• Manage electronic and hard copy filing systems and ensure they are maintained and current
• Manage office needs, equipment and supplies and oversee office expense procedures
• Manage office IT needs, solutions and external vendors
• Ensure firm processes are current and being followed
• Manage monthly payroll, expense reimbursement reports and timesheets
• Support proposal preparation by completing required forms
• Recommend procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
• Coordinate and schedule appointments and events
• Monitor and update firm memberships and certifications in multiple states
• Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and administrative management practices and procedures
• Very strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
• Ability to juggle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects efficiently
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 a plus
• Ability to analyze and assess with good judgement for problem solving
• Ability to be flexible, well-organized and self-sufficient
• Willingness to be a notary
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or the equivalent.
Open to candidates seeking a part-time or full-time position. Send a cover letter and resume to Seema Wadia at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Metro Strategies:
Metro Strategies is a policy, planning and public affairs firm with public, private and nonprofit clients. We provide project management, community outreach and public involvement, issue advocacy strategies, research and policy development, project planning, and grant writing services to a wide range of clients predominantly in the field of infrastructure and transportation.
Our core values of leadership, problem-solving, professionalism, personal and professional growth and balance are projected by each staff member and are brought to each and every engagement. We approach our projects through our client’s lens, becoming a vested partner in the project’s outcome and success. We are committed to advancing the mission and goals of our clients by providing unique approaches, strong project management skills, effective communication techniques, and best practice recommendations. We are continually learning and growing to stay on top of emerging ideas, issues and trends in order to provide new ideas and solutions to our clients.
We look for outstanding individuals to add to our team that project and exemplify our values and approach.
Glen Ellyn, IL
526 Crescent Boulevard, Suite 314
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
17 N. State Street, Suite 440
Chicago, IL 60602
Crown Point, IN
128 S. East Street, #115
Crown Point, IN 46307