Vice President, Communications
This position is for a proven public relations professional who can manage all of the firm’s communications activities and implement outreach and communication campaigns for Metro Strategies’ clients in Illinois and Indiana. The Vice President of Communications needs to execute public relations strategies for projects and clients to increase visibility and public awareness and advance client goals. This position will manage and produce project deliverables and be the main point of contact with the client. The individual in this position must have the ability to provide strategic counsel to clients on public relation matters, be a motivated self-starter and possess strong leadership skills. In addition to leading communication campaigns for clients, this person will also contribute to other projects and oversee the firm’s QA/QC process.
• Manage and implement a variety of projects for the firm’s clients, ensuring deadlines are met, schedules followed and projects completed within budget.
• Partner with project teams and clients to develop and implement outreach and communication plans.
• Develop project strategy and messaging as well as oversee project branding.
• Write and edit public relations materials including press releases, press kits, fact sheets, talking points, statements, articles and speeches.
• Plan and facilitate client events including media briefings, groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings and stakeholder meetings.
• Effectively and creatively communicate client messages through creative writing, unique messaging and innovative publicity programs. This includes researching and reviewing client and project information and accurately articulating this information to various audiences, including stakeholders, partners, the general public, industry media, and general media.
• Proactively develop and foster relationships with clients and external audiences.
• Thorough understanding of clients, projects, stakeholders and audiences.
• Maintain clear and consistent communication between the client and project team, and manage workflow.
• Coordinate the production of videos as part of communication campaigns.
• Monitor media coverage and evaluate results of coverage.
• Generate ideas to promote clients and projects through innovative means.
• Responsible for the firm’s QA/QC process and delivery of quality products.
• Assist with business development.
• Manage the firm’s communications team.
• Collaborate on the firm’s strategic plan.
• Experience executing successful public relations programs.
• Strong project and people management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Superior writing and communication skills and ability to translate project technical terminology into clear, concise communication.
• Ability to generate strategic ideas and think creatively.
• Expertise in (or thorough knowledge of) social media and digital marketing strategies.
• Skilled in multimedia communications strategies.
• Being proactive and solution oriented is a must.
• Experience working on public sector projects in Illinois is a plus.
$104,000 to $145,000
Send a cover letter, resume, references and supporting materials such as work or writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Metro Strategies:
Metro Strategies, Inc. is a policy, planning and public affairs firm with public, private and nonprofit clients. We provide project management, community outreach and public involvement, issue advocacy strategies, research and policy development, project planning, and grant writing services to a wide range of clients predominantly in the field of infrastructure and transportation.
Our core values of leadership, problem-solving, professionalism, personal and professional growth and balance are projected by each staff member and are brought to each and every engagement. We approach our projects through our client’s lens, becoming a vested partner in the project’s outcome and success. We are committed to advancing the mission and goals of our clients by providing unique approaches, strong project management skills, effective communication techniques, and best practice recommendations. We are continually learning and growing to stay on top of emerging ideas, issues and trends in order to provide new ideas and solutions to our clients.
We look for outstanding individuals to add to our team that project and exemplify our values and approach.
Glen Ellyn, IL
526 Crescent Boulevard, Suite 314
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
17 N. State Street, Suite 440
Chicago, IL 60602
Crown Point, IN
128 S. East Street, #115
Crown Point, IN 46307