Seeking a New Project Manager
by Metro Strategies
Metro Strategies, Inc., a policy, planning and public affairs firm, is seeking a Project Manager. This position will be assigned to provide project oversight, and plan and facilitate client projects in the suburban market on major infrastructure projects, issue advocacy initiatives, and community level projects. This person must have superior writing and communication skills and have a strong ability to direct multiple projects. Experience working with the public sector on policy, transportation and community issues is a plus.
The position will be located in the western suburbs but will cover projects throughout the region and state. The Project Manager is expected to exemplify the firm’s core values of leadership, problem-solving, professionalism, and continued personal and professional growth while maintaining and respecting a work-life balance.
• Manage various size public outreach and advocacy campaigns for clients.
• Develop and implement communication and external relations plans.
• Create overall messaging and timeline for implementation following the project schedule.
• Manage the quality and content of project deliverables.
• Closely and effectively coordinate with the project team and client staff on a regular basis.
• Plan, implement and facilitate team meetings, roundtables, focus groups and public meetings.
• Direct project associates on needed project deliverables, such as meeting minutes, project reports, meeting logistics.
• Bring new and innovative ideas to the project team for project implementation and external relations efforts.
• Maintain effective relationships with teaming partner firms, client staff, external stakeholders and the public.
• Assist with project outreach, stakeholder engagement and external activities.
• Ensure QA/QC is being implemented on every project.
• Monitor project budgets and time schedules ensuring projects stay on track.
• All other project management duties that arise.
• Good working knowledge of local and regional issues, elected officials and agencies.
• Superior writing and communication skills and ability to translate project technical terminology into clear, concise communications that is easily understandable to the public.
• Proven QA/QC and editing skills.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and professionalism are necessary since this position works with staff, clients and the general public.
• Must be able to juggle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize efficiently while maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible, well-organized and self-sufficient since projects can be fast-paced and deadline driven.
• Comfortable overseeing and delegating tasks to project associates.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Political Science or the equivalent related fields. A master’s degree is preferred.
Send a cover letter, resume, references and supporting materials such as work or writing samples to Karyn Romano at: email@example.com
About Metro Strategies:
Metro Strategies is a policy, planning and public affairs firm with public, private and nonprofit clients. We provide project management, community outreach and public involvement, issue advocacy strategies, research and policy development, project planning, and grant writing services to a wide range of clients predominantly in the field of infrastructure and transportation.
Our core values of leadership, problem-solving, professionalism, personal and professional growth and balance are projected by each staff member and are brought to each and every engagement. We approach our projects through our client’s lens, becoming a vested partner in the project’s outcome and success. We are committed to advancing the mission and goals of our clients by providing unique approaches, strong project management skills, effective communication techniques, and best practice recommendations. We are continually learning and growing to stay on top of emerging ideas, issues and trends in order to provide new ideas and solutions to our clients.
Glen Ellyn, IL
526 Crescent Boulevard, Suite 314
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
17 N. State Street, Suite 440
Chicago, IL 60602
Crown Point, IN
128 S. East Street, #115
Crown Point, IN 46307